Call for papers
Journal of Symbolic Computation
Special Issue on
Applications of Computer Algebra
José Luis Galán García
Gabriel Aguilera Venegas
Pedro Rodríguez Cielos
For the special issue, we welcome full/extended versions of papers presented at any of the Special Session of ACA 2013:
- Session 0: General Session on Computer Algebra
- Session 1: Computer Algebra in Education
- Session 2: Computer Algebra for Dynamical Systems and Celestial Mechanics
- Session 3: Algebraic and Algorithmic Aspects of Differential and Integral Operators Session
- Session 4: Computer Algebra in Coding Theory and Cryptography
- Session 5: Nonstandard Applications of Computer Algebra
- Session 6: Arithmetic of Algebraic Curves
- Session 7: Applications and Libraries development in DERIVE and TI-NSPIRE
- Session 8: Computer Algebra in Algebraic Statistics
- Session 9: Computer algebra, quantum computing and quantum information processing
- Session 10: Computer algebra in algebraic topology and its applications
- Session 11: Symbolic and Numerical Methods: Practical Applications
We expect original articles (15-20 pages) that present high-quality contributions that have not been previously published in a journal and that have not been simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere. The article must satisfy the following minimum criteria.
Without these, the paper will not be considered.
- The introduction of the paper must explicitly address the following questions in succinct and informal manner.
- What is the problem?
- Why is the problem important?
- What has been done so far on the problem?
- What is the main contribution of the paper on the problem?
- Why is the contribution original?
- Why is the contribution non-trivial?
- All the main definitions, theorems and algorithms must be illustrated by simple but meaningful examples.
- All the main algorithms should be presented as follows:
- well-indented high-level pseudo-codes, using packages such as "algorithm2e".
- self-contained so that a reader familiar with the topic should be able to understand the algorithm without reading the other parts of the article.
The articles must be formated as follows:
- Written in English.
We kindly request authors to send their contribution to be reviewed by a native English-speaker before submitting it.
- Prepared in LaTeX.
We kindly request the authors to use "Elsevier Article Class (elsart.cls)" with "JSC add-on style (yjsco.sty)" and "Harvard style references (elsart-harv.bst)" which can be obtained as the package "JSC LaTex" (that contains all the necessary style files and a template) from here.
Send the following material to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line should be "ACA13 JSC-SI Submission") at latest by October 10th 2013.
- The submission (in PDF format)
- The name of ACA-2013 session and the title of the talk on which the submission is based.
- A list of at least 4 top experts in the area of the article with the following information.
The person on the list should satisfy the following criteria.
- Name (First, Middle Initial, Last)
- E-mail Address
It is important to note that
- Should be internationally recognized top experts on the topic of the submission.
- Should NOT be from the same institution of the authors.
- Should NOT be former academic advisor of authors.
- Should NOT have co-authored article during last 5 years.
- Should NOT have been asked by the authors whether they are willing to be referees.
- The list is for informing the guest editors and the editorial board on the subject area.
- The guest editor and the editorial board might choose a few referees from the suggested list. However, most referees might not be from the list.
- If the list violates any of the above criteria, then the paper will be automatically rejected.
For further information, please send an e-mail to José Luis Galán García at email@example.com.
Abstracting & Indexing and Further Information about JSC
The Journal of Symbolic Computation is abstracted in ACM Guide to Computing Literature; CompuMath Citation Index; Computing Reviews; Current Contents/Engineering, Computing & Technology; INSPEC; Mathematical Reviews; Research Alert; Science Citation Index; Scopus; Zentralblatt MATH.
For further information about JSC, please visit its web page here.